02.16.2005 04:09 PM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Super Bowl viewers say HD ads improve opinion of brand, company
A study from INHD has found commercials broadcast in HD during Super Bowl XXXIX had the greatest impact on viewers and rated high with adults who viewed the game in high-definition.
A poll of 500 viewers who watched the game in HD found:
- The highest rated ad was a high-definition spot - the Ameriquest ad featuring the romantic dinner gone awry. Eighty-nine percent of viewers rated this ad as either a four or five on a five-point scale.
- Three of the 10 highest rated ads were shown in high-definition.
- Eight of the top 12 ads viewers said improved their opinion of the brand or company were in high definition.
- Eighty-seven percent said that watching the game in high-definition increased their enjoyment of watching the commercials.
- Fifty-one percent said watching in HD "greatly increased" their enjoyment.
- For 60 percent of respondents, this year’s game was the first Super Bowl they had watched in HD.
For more information, visit www.inhd.com.
Back to the top