11.13.2007 05:44 PM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Moms and dads want flat-panel TVs for holidays, survey says
Mom and dads want electronics this holiday season, and their top choice is a flat-screen TV, according to the results of a survey released Nov. 5 conducted for retailer Circuit City Stores.
The survey of 3000 men and women with children found that 52 percent of both genders chose electronics as the top gift.
The survey found:
- 65 percent of men chose electronics, followed by 15 percent clothing, 9 percent sporting goods, 3 percent furniture, 2 percent jewelry
- 41 percent of women chose electronics, followed by 24 percent clothing, 20 percent jewelry, 9 percent furniture, 1 percent sporting goods
- 6 percent reported not wanting a gift
By type of electronics and gender, the survey revealed:
- 46 percent of men chose flat-panel TVs, followed by 12 percent computers, 9 percent each for GPS navigation systems and digital cameras, 7 percent video game systems
- 36 percent of women chose flat-panel TVs, followed by 19 percent digital cameras, 13 percent computers, 8 percent GPS navigation systems
The survey was conducted Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2007, by Decision Analyst of Arlington, TX, and has a margin of error of plus-or-minus two percentage points.