IEE to sponsor 21st century broadcasting seminar in London
November 17, 2004
The Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE) will sponsor a two-day seminar Nov. 30-Dec.1 in London on recent developments and applications in the fields of HDTV, digital cinema, IT technology and multimedia developments.
The seminar, “From IT to HD: Visions of Broadcasting in the 21st Century,” will include panel discussions and demonstrations from HD players, including Sony, Toshiba, JVC and Orange.
Among the panelists and topics scheduled:
- “Interoperability for Professional Video on IP Networks” - Peter Elmer, Pro-MPEG Forum UK;
- “Challenges to Building a Large Scale MPLS Broadcast Network” - Michael Firth, BT Exact;
- “Uncompressed HD and SD Video Transport over IP Networks” – Wes Simpson, Media Links Systems;
- “I’m a Broadcaster, Get Me Out of Here” – David Wood, European Broadcasting Union head of technology;
- “The Basics of HD, the Challenges and the Variations now Emerging for the Prosumer, Television and the Cinema” – Chris Hearn;
- “Large Screen Displays for the Home and Cinema to cover LCDs, Plasmas and Projectors” - Prinyar Boon, Snell & Wilcox;
- “Lecture on J2K” - Touradj, Ebrahimi, Swiss Institute of Technology, EPFL;
- “The BBC and HD” – Andy King, BBC
Those who make reservations to attend the two-day seminar before Nov. 19 will receive a discount on registration fees.
For more information, visit http://conferences.iee.org/multimedia.
Back to the top