01.11.2007 08:00 AM
Gennum inks deals in HDTV markets for image processing technology
Gennum has signed deals to incorporate its VXP image processing technology into solutions for professional and consumer HDTV markets. JVC, MicroDisplay, Crestron Electronics, Momentum Data Systems and IRI Ubiteq will employ VXP for a variety of AV solutions. VXP embeds image-processing algorithms into a single chip.
- Gennum’s GF9351 VXP chip is being used to drive market differentiation in two recent JVC projector product releases.
- MicroDisplay is using Gennum’s GF9450 to power its single-panel liquid crystal on silicon (LCOS) display technology for rear-projection HDTVs.
- Crestron Electronics has integrated the GF9351 into the AIP model of its home entertainment and AV distribution solution — the Adagio Media System (AMS).
- Momentum Data Systems has also selected the GF9351 to power the professional VPROC-1D multiformat video scaler and de-interlacer module.
- IRI Ubiteq, a Japanese-based innovation and design-center for CE and professional video companies, selected the GF9450 VXP chip for use in UBIRIS, a next-generation flat-panel display processing board designed with integrated wireless and wired Ethernet network capability.
For more information, visit www.gennum.com/vxp.