Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Frequent sports viewers lead HD viewing pack
Sports viewing and HDTV have long been thought to go hand in hand, but recent research conducted for ESPN reveals the link may be closer than many imagined.
Among the findings:
- 20 percent of frequent sports viewers report owning an HDTV set versus 17 percent of total households;
- Frequent sports viewers represent 44 percent of all HDTV owners (up from 41 percent last year);
- 25 percent of frequent sports viewers with an HDTV have more than one HDTV set;
- 15 percent of frequent sports viewers are very interested in getting an HDTV in the next 12 months;
- 26 percent would be very/somewhat likely to pay $1000 for it;
- 76 percent of self-described main decision-makers for the HDTV purchase were men;
- Men represent 58 percent of those most likely to purchase an HDTV in the next year.