Envivio demonstrates statistical rate control module for broadcast mobile TV networks
September 17, 2006
Envivio demonstrated a statistical rate control module for broadcast mobile TV networks at IBC2006. The aim of the demonstration was to illustrate within a DVB-H broadcast mobile environment the bandwidth optimization and quality gains obtained by the Envivio statistical rate control approach, as compared to strict constant bit-rate control. The demonstration also showed how this approach to statistical rate control reduced the number of elements in a system and employed standard IP routing equipment, therefore keeping costs to a minimum.
This technology is not limited to DVB-H and can also be applied to other broadcast mobile networks such as DVB-SSP, DMB-S, DMB-T, ISDB-T and MediaFlo and broadband IPTV, as well as broadcast contribution and distribution applications. By adding statistical rate control capabilities within the core of the 4Caster M2, Envivio will enable service providers to optimize the use of the spectrum, and avoid proprietary statmux technology.
Envivio also demonstrated its latest solutions for IP video convergence that enable broadcasters, telcos, wireless network operators and next-generation service providers to direct video content to any device using the lowest bandwidth with the highest picture quality available on the market.
Envivio showcased the following:
- Video Convergence — Multirate, multiformat encoding for converging networks, service providers and devices
- Mobile TV — A complete DVB-H ecosystem with Enensys and Expway
- IPTV Quad Play — Voice, video, data and mobile TV
- Mobile to HD — Professional encoding and decoding systems for mobile TV, enterprise TV, SDTV and HDTV
- Interactive Enterprise TV — Broadcast-quality video over IP with MPEG-4 middleware
Visit www.envivio.com for more information.