Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
DIRECTV expands HD sports programming with regional MLB games
DIRECTV is expanding its lineup of HD sports programming by delivering regional sports network HD coverage of Major League Baseball games produced in 19 major markets.
DIRECTV is now broadcasting all MLB games produced in HD from:
- FSN Arizona (Diamondbacks)
- FSN Bay Area (San Francisco Giants, Oakland A's)
- FSN Detroit (Tigers)
- FSN Florida (Marlins, Devil Rays)
- FSN Houston (Astros)
- FSN North (Minnesota Twins)
- FSN Northwest (Seattle Mariners)
- FSN Prime Ticket (Los Angeles Dodgers)
- FSN Rocky Mountain (Colorado Rockies)
- FSN South (Atlanta Braves)
- FSN West (Los Angeles Angels)
- SportsTime Ohio (Cleveland Indians)
- Turner South (Atlanta Braves)
On July 18, HD MLB games from YES Network and FSN Southwest will be available, as well as a continuous 24/7 HD feed from NESN HD (Red Sox). In August DIRECTV will deliver HD MLB games from SportsNet New York (Mets), as well as continuous 24/7 HD feeds from Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD (Orioles) and Comcast SportsNet Chicago HDTV (Cubs, White Sox).
DIRECTV will broadcast HD games produced by regional sports networks (RSNs) via a local market spot beam, and as a result, the RSN programming will be available only to those customers who live within the local designated market area spot beam and the RSN team territory. The games will be available at no extra charge.