04.04.2006 02:04 PM
CEA honors 2005 Digital Television Pioneers
The Consumer Electronics Association last month honored the winners of the Academy of Digital Television Pioneers (DTV Academy) Awards in five categories during its Entertainment Technology Policy Summit luncheon in Washington, D.C.
The winners included:
- Best DTV Program Provider: DIRECTV
- Best DTV Leadership (Industry): Peter Fannon, Panasonic Corp. of North America
- Best DTV Leadership (Government): Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK), Senator Daniel Inouye (D-HI), Congressman Joe Barton (R-TX) and Congressman Fred Upton (R-MI)
- The People's Choice Award for Favorite HDTV Programming: NFL Monday Night Football (ABC)
- The President's Award for Outstanding Contribution: Rick Chessen, former chair, FCC Digital Television Task Force and Bureau Chief of the Media Bureau.
The annual DTV Awards are voted on by members of the DTV Academy, which includes more than 200 leaders from manufacturing, broadcasting, government, the engineering community and media who have paved the way for DTV.
For more information, visit www.ce.org.
Back to the top