Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Avid delivers Avid Studio Toolkit version 5.6
Avid Technology is shipping version 5.6 of Avid Studio Toolkit, which offers a variety of enhancements to a set of tightly integrated applications, including Avid 3D, Avid FX and Avid DVD by Sonic.
Avid Studio Toolkit is a multiformat solution for simultaneous DVD and Blu-ray Disc authoring, designed for film and video editors looking to create and deliver HD projects.
The Blu-ray Disc format, now supported in Avid Studio Toolkit 5.6, will enable recording and playback of HD video. The format offers more than five times the storage capacity of traditional DVDs, holding up to 25GB on a single-layer disc.
New features include:
- integrated Blu-ray support in Avid DVD by Sonic, allowing Avid Xpress Pro, Media Composer and NewsCutter users to output HD projects to Blu-ray Discs;
- updated UI, new paint engine and more for Avid FX;
- AVX two plug-in support for 16-bit color rendering;
- a streamlined UI for improved integration and ease-of-use;
- a new paint engine for touch up and rotoscoping;
- a raster-to-vector conversion tool for easily bringing corporate logos and other graphics into a vector-animation environment, including 3-D extrusion.
For more information, visit: www.avid.com.