05.14.2007 12:00 PM
Advanced Broadcast Solutions builds operations center for TVW network
TVW, Washington’s public affairs network, is now working out of a new technical operations center. Systems integrator Advanced Broadcast Solutions (ABS) designed and implemented the all-digital production systems. TVW moved into the new media center in April, tripling its square footage.
Previously housed in leased office space, the network moved to the 15,000sq-ft building in Olympia, WA, that’s been upgraded to a digital production and distribution facility. From its new facility, TVW provides Web streaming, multiple channel transmission, video-on-demand and other methods of signal distribution as well as nonlinear editing services.
The new technical operations center consists of:
- a 520sq-ft technical center with television equipment, as well as a streaming media center, IT, fiber network and telephony equipment;
- a 580-sq-ft room for production and master control, with three separate areas for production and one for master control;
- three 165sq-ft rooms on the second floor with nonlinear editing suites;
- a 1850sq-ft studio on the first floor; and
- a 200sq-ft audio production room.
Equipment installed at the new TVW Media Center includes: Evertz conversion, fiber connectivity products and an MVP multi-image display and monitoring; Grass Valley Concerto router, Maestro master control system and KayakDD digital production switchers; Omneon Spectrum video servers; and a Sundance Digital Titan automation system.
For more information, visit www.advancedbroadcastsolutions.com.