05.16.2012 02:45 PM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Wowza Media Server 3.1 to be at Streaming Media East 2012
A major milestone in the evolution of media streaming, Wowza Media Server 3.1 is the next generation of Wowza's award-winning software platform, providing a single extensible foundation and value-added components for "Any Screen Done Right” media delivery.
The software offers the broadest any-screen coverage for Flash and Silverlight-capable computers, tablets, phones, set-top boxes, media players, and game consoles; Apple iPhone/iPad and other HLS-capable devices such as Apple TV with AirPlay; Android devices; Roku media players; and Internet-connected TVs.
The Wowza Media Server 3.1 platform advances media streaming to a new level of simplicity and cost-effectiveness with a variety of AddOn components that help businesses of any size deliver live and on-demand content efficiently, with more revenue-generating opportunities and any-screen reach.
Capabilities of the Wowza Media Server 3.1 platform include:
• Integrated live adaptive bit rate (ABR) transcoding enabled by Wowza Transcoder AddOn
• Any-screen time-shifted delivery of live streams with Wowza nDVR™ AddOn
• Audio-only option for the Wowza Transcoder AddOn
• Dynamic Transcoder Overlays
• Support for multiple studio-approved DRM platforms
• Unconstrained per-server capacity with no CPU core limitations
• Flexible and cost-effective licensing options for any application and budget