Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Prism Sound to highlight dScope Series III enhancements
At NAB2008, Prism Sound will roll out several enhancements to the acoustics measurement capabilities of its dScope Series III platform.
The dScope Series III platform provides a suite of analog and digital electronic analysis tools, and, with the enhancements, can make measurements of acoustic transducers. New functionalities include:
- Impulse response analysis
- Quasi-anechoic frequency response in units of dBSPL
- Loudspeaker rub and buzz detection
- Loudspeaker loose particle detection
- Impedance vs. frequency analysis
- Time domain averaging to attenuate the effects of background noise
- Automation support
The enhanced dScope Series III lets audio engineers characterize every part of their electro-acoustic systems, from A/D inputs through board-level serial interfaces to power amplifier and loudspeaker outputs.
See Prism Sound in NAB booth N5935, or visit www.prismsound.com.