Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Larcan aims to speed mobile TV deployments
At IBC2009, Larcan will highlight all the ways the company can help broadcasters deploy new mobile TV networks and streamline their operations.
Preeminent among them is Larcan's new end-to-end engineering solutions for mobile broadcast service. The custom service includes:
• Network planning and RF synergies for broadcast and emerging mobile markets,
• Coverage prediction and analysis with integrated broadcast design,
• Field measurements and site planning with single-source solutions for technical management,
• Customized RF systems design,
• Service programs and site maintenance, and
• Mobile broadcast rollout strategy.
Larcan also will debut its new In-SiNC remote-control and monitoring software, which lets operators manage all their sites around the world from any location via local networks or the Internet. The system features real-time monitoring and alarms, full diagnostics with fault logging and problem tracing, detailed data collection, password encryption, multiple security profiles and user-friendly reporting and interfaces.
The company is also featuring its MXi Series of low-power transmitters for DVB-T/DVB-H markets and worldwide single-frequency networks. Available from 10W to 350W, the MXi Series supports all analog and digital formats as well as DVB and DVB-H. The transmitters feature LDMOS technology amplifier design, fully regulated power supplies, integrated cooling system and built-in diagnostics with remote control and an optional Internet interface
LARCAN integrated ATSC Mobile DTV solution uses same spectrum to layer mobile on legacy streams