04.07.2005 08:00 AM
Congressional panelists to address broadcasters at NAB2005
Seven members of Congress will address broadcasters attending the Congressional Breakfast, Monday, April 18, at NAB2005 in Las Vegas.
Former ABC News Chief White House correspondent Sam Donaldson will moderate the event.
The members of the 109th Congress to be featured include:
- Senate Commerce Committee member Conrad Burns (R-MT);
- House Commerce Committee Chairman Joe Barton (R-TX);
- House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI);
- House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Fred Upton (R-MI);
- House Commerce Committee member Michael Bilirakis (R-FL);
- House Commerce Committee member Gene Green (D-TX);
- House Commerce Committee member Greg Walden (R-OR).
The Senate and House Commerce Committees wield jurisdiction over telecommunications and broadcasting legislation. The House Judiciary Committee oversees intellectual property issues related to broadcasting, such as last year's reauthorization of the Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act and legislation related to Internet streaming.
For more information, visit www.nabshow.org.
Back to the top