AJA announces 4K support for KUMO routers
September 20, 2013
AJA Video Systems recently announced the KUMO v3.0 firmware update to enable dual-link, 4K and UltraHD support in its KUMO family of compact-SDI routers. Available in super-compact 1RU or 2RU form factors, and with support for 3G/HD/SD-SDI, cost-effective KUMO routers are designed for a range of production environments — from mobile production trucks to live-event A/V rigs. KUMO routers are available in three configurations: KUMO 3232 supports 32 3G-SDI inputs and outputs, KUMO 1616 supports 16 3G-SDI inputs and outputs, and KUMO 1604 supports 16 3G-SDI inputs and four 3G-SDI outputs.
The new KUMO firmware also supports ganged dual- and quad-port routing, allowing users to group together multiple inputs and outputs for Dual-Link, 4K and UltraHD workflows.
Additional key features include:
• Full broadcast specifications over 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI
• Grass Valley Native Protocol support over RS-422 and Ethernet
• Integrated Web server allows browser-based HTTP LAN control and monitoring
• Elegant and simple Bonjour and Zeroconfig LAN configuration
• Designed for professional performance with rugged construction, high-quality connectors and redundant power supplies.
AJA’s KUMO routers are backed by AJA’s support network, a five-year international warranty, and advanced exchange service. New v3.0 firmware is available now to KUMO owners for no additional charge at
For more information, visit AJA Video Systems at IBC Stand 7.F11.
comments powered by Disqus.