Automated Content Verification with Interra
May 12, 2011
Automated Content Verification
The fast pace of digital content today demands multiple formats for new distribution
channels. Yet many facilities with file-based workflows still rely on manual quality control,
which slows delivery and leads to errors and increased costs. The answer is to add
automated content verification to your file-based workflow at the ingest, repurposing and
distribution stages, taking advantage of faster than real-time checking and reliable reporting.
Grid-based Quality Control
Baton from Interra Systems is the first software-based automated content verification
solution to use the Omneon MediaGrid Processing Framework. By writing to this
framework, Baton harnesses the processing power of dozens of CPUs within the
Omneon MediaGrid to verify content in place, with no need for additional client network
bandwidth or digital island storage. The increase in performance over standalone QC
appliances is significant, and maintenance of the overall system is streamlined.
Baton’s core is the Verification Manager engine, which runs on a Windows server and
connects over Ethernet to the Omneon MediaGrid active storage system. To speed the
process, verification tasks are executed in parallel on the many CPUs in the MediaGrid.
As a web-based software system, Baton can be hosted on multiple application servers.
Easily accessed through a standard web browser, Baton can be used by multiple users
within the facility or in remote locations.
Baton can handle large volumes of media files at one time and analyze them for
user-specified quality checks. Verification tasks are executed in the background, allowing
users to continue with other tasks such as analyzing reports or creating test plans.
Customizable test plans define the checks to be performed for the media content. Test
plans can be easily modified to change along with your facility’s testing standards. Tasks
can be assigned a priority and monitored. If required, detailed verification reports can be
viewed, printed or saved for logistics.
• Web-based application accessible by multiple users
• Intuitive user interface for easy error review
• Remote configuration and scheduling
• API interface enables studio workflow integration
Verification and Reporting
• Automatic test plan generation
• Easy-to-customize test plans
• Comply with media standards
• Extraction and verification of parameters and metadata
• Error reporting with severity, location, and time code
• Incremental reports of tasks in progress
• Thumbnails of erroneous pictures
• Summary information on total errors and warnings for each elementary stream
• Review content information without scheduling file for verification
Task Scheduling and Monitoring
• Prioritize verification tasks
• Monitor task status
• Integrate easily with content sources
• Watch-folder operation
• Email-based notification of task results
• Moving of quality files to play out
• Moving of unqualified files to quarantine
Grid-Powered Interra Systems Baton QC
Interra Systems Baton QC processing files directly on the Omneon MediaGrid. The ContentServer
processors within MediaGrid are used in parallel to process multiple verification tasks.
comments powered by Disqus.