08.24.2006 08:00 AM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Zoran to show HDTV reference design for European DVB-T market
Zoran will demonstrate its SupraHD 660 reference design for television manufacturers at IBC2006.
The SupraHD 660 platform offers a complete DVB-T broadcast solution with HDMI and MHEG-5 flat-panel display support to qualified customers shipping products to Europe, including the UK.
The SupraHD 660 integrates all the necessary components required to replace existing multi-chip TV solutions. The SupraHD 660 supports full DVB-T and PAL decoding functionality required for digital and analog televisions, as well as high-quality video scalar capabilities. Features include:
- Dual channel LVDS transmitters for direct connection to flat panel displays;
- Production-proven MPEG-2 video and audio decoder;
- HDMI receiver with HD copy protection;
- Integrated video decoder with 3-D comb filter as well as video encoder;
- 10-bit video processing for enhanced picture quality;
- HDXtreme-based motion adaptive deinterlacer;
- Motion adaptive temporal, spatial and impulse noise reduction;
- Advanced picture quality improvement engine.
See Zoran at IBC2006 stand 2.340 or visit: www.zoran.com.