HPA Announces Call for Entries for Third Annual HPA Awards
The Hollywood Post Alliance has announced the Call for Entries for its third annual HPA Awards. The award show will take place on Nov. 6. 2008 at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. Launched in 2006, the HPA Awards recognize creative and technical excellence in the art, science and craft of post production.
The HPA Awards invite entries in the following categories:
- Outstanding Color Grading using a digital intermediate process-Feature Film
- Outstanding Color Grading-Television
- Outstanding Color Grading-Commercial
- Outstanding Editing-Feature Film
- Outstanding Editing-Television
- Outstanding Editing-Commercial
- Outstanding Audio Post-Feature Film
- Outstanding Audio Post-Television
- Outstanding Audio Post-Commercial
- Outstanding Compositing-Feature Film
- Outstanding Compositing-Television
- Outstanding Compositing-Commercial
Period of eligibility is Sept. 4, 2007–Sept. 3, 2008. Works eligible must have debuted domestically or internationally during this period and entrants need not be members of the HPA to submit work for consideration.
The HPA Awards also recognize outstanding achievements in post production by individuals, companies and in engineering. The Charles S. Swartz Award for Outstanding Contribution in the Field of Post Production is awarded to a person, group, company or technology that has made a significant artistic, technological, business or educational impact on post production; and the Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes a post production professional for his or her service and commitment to the post production industry. The Engineering Excellence Award honors an individual, company or process that advances post production technology. The awards will be judged and voted upon by a jury of peers in each category.
Judging panels, drawn from professionals in production and post-production will select nominees and winners. Entries for the Engineering Excellence Awards will be invited to present to engineering award judges at a special HPA event that will be open to the post community.
Complete rules, guidelines and entry information are available at www.hpaawards.net
, or by calling 213-614-0860. Submissions may be made between May 1 and August 1, 2008. An early bird entry is available until July 3, 2008.