Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Europe to move past U.S. in digital TV penetration, says report
A new report from Research and Markets shows Europe will surpass the United States in terms of the transition to digital TV services by the end of the decade.
The report, “Digital TV Markets: Europe and the U.S.” identifies consumer adoption of digital terrestrial television service and IPTV as factors.
Among the reports highlights are:
- Europe will overtake the United States with regard to digital TV penetration by the end of 2010.
- At the end of 2010, nearly 69 percent of European households will have made the transition to digital services.
- Growth across Europe will be driven by continuing uptake of digital terrestrial services, while IPTV services will also begin to make an impact.
- The UK will remain the most highly penetrated digital TV market by the end of 2010, with almost 95 percent of households receiving digital services.
- About half of German households will be digital by the end of 2010.
For more information, visit: www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c40067.