NAB Unveils Expanded And Reorganized Show Floor
February 9, 2007
NAB has unveiled an expanded and reorganized exhibit floor for NAB2007, the world's largest electronic media show. The redesigned show floor will now encompass all halls of the Las Vegas Convention Center—including two additional halls in the North Building—spanning nearly 900,000 net square feet.
"The expansion and reorganization of the show floor reflects the continued growth of a show that has evolved from one that focuses on broadcast hardware to a comprehensive electronic media event that showcases the complete range of tools behind media content acquisition, production, management and delivery—across all platforms," said NAB Executive Vice President of Conventions and Business Operations Chris Brown.
Exhibits at NAB2007 are now arranged in a floor plan that has been re-engineered to align with how technologies for creating and delivering electronic content are evolving. The new layout will incorporate a categorization system designed to more evenly distribute the convention's anchor exhibitors, making navigation of the show floor easier for attendees and providing better traffic distribution for all exhibitors.
"NAB is always looking to enhance value for our NAB2007 exhibitors and attendees," said NAB President and CEO David K. Rehr. "The new show floor will help accomplish this effort."
The 360 degree approach to presenting technology segments will allow buyers to more easily browse the entire spectrum of goods and services in any given product category. The NAB2007 exhibit floor product categories include:
- Acquisition & Production: Cameras, lenses, lighting and grip, ingest technologies. Exhibitors include: Anton/Bauer, Inc.; Bexel‚s Broadcast Video Gear (BVG); Bogen ; Canon; Clear-Com Communication Systems; JVC; Panasonic; Sachtler Corporation of America; Sony Electronics, Inc. ; Systems Wireless; Grass Valley, Inc.; and Vinten.
- Post-Production: Video-editing, graphics, animation, special effects software & hardware, audio editing, music/sound libraries. Exhibitors include: 615 Music; Accenture; Apple; Autodesk; Avid; Killer Tracks; Microsoft; and Quantel.
- Management & Systems: Video servers, systems integration, database technologies, digital asset management. Exhibitors include: Ascent Media; Evertz; Harris Corporation; IBM; Miranda Technologies; Omneon; Oracle; Ross Video Limited; Scientific - Atlanta, a Cisco company; and Tandberg Television.
- Distribution & Delivery: Transmitters and towers for television, radio broadcasting, satellite technologies, cable, fiber, IPTV, mobile video and streaming products. Exhibitors include: Globecast; Intelsat; Loral; Microwave Radio Communications; Qualcomm; SES Americom; Kontiki A VeriSign Company; Verizon; and Whiteblox.
- Display Systems: Projection equipment, LCD and plasma displays, digital signage. Exhibitors include: Barco; Christie Digital; and Daktronics.
- Pro Audio: Audio recording and mixing equipment, encoding and compression technologies. Exhibitors include: Dolby; Orban/CRL; Sennheiser; and Shure.
- Radio: The entire spectrum of products and services for analog, digital and streaming radio. Exhibitors include: Broadcast Electronics Inc.; Google; Harris Corporation; Telos; and Wheatstone.
- Outdoor Media & Equipment: ENG Vehicles, outdoor signage, satellite services, power generation, production equipment. Exhibitors include: Gerling and Associates; NEP; Shook Mobile; and Swe-Dish.
- Content Village: Owners, aggregators and producers showcase their digital content to align with broadcasters, distributors and delivery technologies.
- [email protected]: The annual showcase of technologies and services for news gathering, reporting and presentation, presented jointly with the Radio and Television News Directors Association. Exhibitors include: Devlin Design; FX Group; The Nielsen Company; Stephen Arnold Music; and VDO.
- Technologies for Worship: Video and audio capture, mixing and presentation technologies and services geared toward the exploding religious marketplace; presented jointly with Technologies for Worship Magazine. Exhibitors include: AMX; Angelhouse Media and Audioethics.