2004 Technology and Engineering Emmys Awarded
November 19, 2004
The National Television Academy announced the winners of the 2004 Technology and Engineering Emmy Awards at a black-tie ceremony in New York City this week.
Eight Emmys was in the Outstanding Achievement in Technology and Engineering categories:
* SeaChange International, Ncube and Concurrent received the Emmy for the development, productization, and commercialization of video server technology leading to large-scale VOD implementations.
* The Emmy for the Development of Direct View Liquid Crystal Display Screens was awarded to Sharp.
* Phillps won the Development of UHP Lamps Emmy.
* The Emmy for Pioneering efforts in the invention of the Telestrator went to Len Reiffel.
* Pioneering Efforts in the Development of Spot Beam Satellites for Distribution of Local Broadcast Channels Directly to Home Receivers Emmy went to Echostar and DirecTV.
Parts of the program will be broadcast on "Pulse" the G4techTV cable news program during the last week of November.