VITEC Announces Focus FS-T1001 Camera Mount Media Recorder
September 19, 2011
VITEC Multimedia, a worldwide leader in advanced video solutions, has announced the availability of the Focus FS-T1001 Camera Mount Media Recorder. The Focus FS-T1001 seamlessly integrates with HDCAM/XDCAM HD camera systems by utilizing the host camera professional battery system and accepting the HD-SDI output from the host camera to record to Sony SxS solid-state media.
The Focus FS-T1001 allows HDCAM and XDCAM HD camcorder owners to take advantage of industry standard XDCAM EX workflow, whether it is for online or offline purposes. The stored content has the same recording format and directory structure that other XDCAM EX devices use, making the files compatible with XDCAM EX workflow including editing software.
“Focus has a long and successful history in offering media recording solutions to the market”, said Takashi Honda, General Manager, Professional Solutions Group at Sony Corporation. “Sony is very pleased to be licensing the XDCAM EX file format to Focus Enhancements Inc., expecting the FS-T1001 to be an ideal choice of media recorder for HDCAM and XDCAM HD users.”
“Focus is honored to have been selected as an XDCAM EX strategic partner”, said Michael Conway, CTO & SVP of Corporate Strategy for Focus Enhancements. "The Focus FS-T1001 brings professional features and the XDCAM EX workflow that customers need together with the outstanding benefits of camera mountable solid-state performance.”
Highlights of Focus FS-T1001:
- Records in XDCAM EX file format
- Utilizes removable SxS Express Card Flash Memory Media
- Connects to a wide array of cameras and monitors using the HD-SDI I/O ports
- Control the FS-T1001 quickly and easily using the capacitive buttons and intuitive menu structure
- View menus and thumbnails that include clip name and duration on the 2.4” color OLED display
- Mount SxS cards to a computer and connect accessories using the dual USB ports
- Connect directly to an HD-SDI monitor for playback
- Record 35 Mbps HQ mode video including 1920 x 1080 (59.94i/50i/29.97P/25P/23.98P), 1440 x 1080 (59.94i/50i/29.97P/25P/23.98P), or 1280 x 720 (59.94P/50P), with 2- or 4-channel embedded audio (48 kHz, 16-bit)
- Record 25 Mbps SP mode video including 1440X1080 (59.94i/50i), with 2-channel audio
Pricing and Availability
FS-T1001 Pro is expected to be available in June for an MSRP of $5,995.
-- Digital Video
comments powered by Disqus.