07.11.2008 12:00 AM
Telestream Releases FlipFactory 6.1
Telestream has released Version 6.1 software for its flagship FlipFactory
transcoding workflow automation product line. The new version offers faster than real-time HD-to-HD encoding on a single server, as well as several new features.
FlipFactory 6.1 delivers HD-to-HD transcoding speeds up to 15 percent faster than real-time on a single server for edit-to-broadcast workflows, including popular DNxHD and DVCPRO HD formats. FlipFactory 6.1 also adds comprehensive support for all broadcast HD workflows, including VANC metadata associated with HD files. New features include:
- FactoryArray option, which extends FlipFactory from a single server to an array of servers;
- FlipScan, an option that automatically scans and analyzes uploaded source video, audio and metadata, including user-generated content;
- Support for Microsoft’s SQL Server 2005 database application as well as the new Flash 9 format;
- FlipFactory TrafficManager adds monitoring of On The Spot Media’s EZSpot delivery software;
- FlipFactory NewsManager adds support for monitoring and transcoding of content delivered by two major U.S. news services.
FlipFactory 6.1 is available for purchase through Telestream’s worldwide direct sales and distribution channels.