Sony Adds XDCams to Video Journalist Backpacks
Two new models available
August 19, 2013
RIDGE, N.J. — Sony has four new models in its Video
Journalist Backpack series of all-in-one portable field production kits. The
new backpacks offer a choice of Sony’s XDCAM HD 4:2:2 camcorder technology—models
PMW-100 or PMW-200.
Sony’s Video Journalist Backpacks, introduced in 2011, are designed to give
single-person production crews end-to-end HD acquisition and editing
capabilities. The original kits included a range of Sony professional and
consumer technology: An HD camcorder, an optional laptop, wireless microphone
system, tablet for playback or teleprompter use, video editing software, memory
cards and more. The new kits still offer the same array of technology, but the
addition of the new XDCAM camcorders adds more options.
The PMW-100, which is included in both the new VJBK-1TP100 and VJBK-1TVVP100
backpacks, increases performance with high resolution 50 Mbps MPEG HD422 codec.
It has the ability to record MXF files on UDF formatted cards or on SxS memory
cards that are compatible with the XDCAM EX format.
The PMW-200 camcorder, included in the VJBK-1TP200 and VJBK-1TVVP200 kits, is
the successor to Sony’s PMW-EX1/R camcorder. It supports a 50 Mbps MPEG HD422
codec and MXF recording and uses three 1/2-inch Full HD Exmor CMOS sensors
- Sony’s UWP-V1 full wireless microphone system, with an F112 handheld
microphone and MDR7510 professional headphones.
- The latest Xperia tablet PC for teleprompting or clip playback
- Sony Creative Software’s Vegas Pro Software for editing
- Tripod for making smooth pans and tilts, in addition to keeping the camera
steady during interview shots.
- Dimmable on-camera LED video light to match both outdoor and indoor lighting
that uses rechargeable batteries.
- Extra memory cards, lens cleaning kits, cables, batteries, and other accessories
- The backpack itself includes a rain cover and work mat
- Live telephone tech support
The new VJBK-1TVVP100 and VJBK-1TVVP200 also includes a Vaio laptop, which can
burn DVD’s, prepare content to be uploaded to the web, and work with the
provided Vegas Pro Software. The new Video Journalist Backpacks are available
now, at the following suggested list prices:
VJBK-1TP100 – $7,779
VJBK-1TVVP100 (with Vaio laptop computer) – $8,519
VJBK-1TP200 – $11,619
VJBK-1TVVP200 (with Vaio laptop computer) – $12,359
comments powered by Disqus.