Solid State Logic Unveils XL 9000 K Series Console
Solid State Logic recently introduced a console that the company says is "the first analog console to provide the dual benefits" of 5.1 surround architecture and increased bandwidth and resolution for DVD-Audio and SACD. The XL 9000 K Series is designed with high-quality audio, multichannel surround capabilities and can work with the advanced, higher sampling frequency formats of DVD-A and SACD with an audio bandwidth that extends nearly two octaves beyond a 96-kHz recorder.
The XL works with surround sound using a 5.1 mix bus, master fader and mix compressor combined with LCR panning. The console provides simultaneous fader access to all mix busses. It uses a K Series Automation Computer for high-speed control of automated functions. Visual controls are provided through a multiangle, high-resolution TFT screen. An additional X-VGA input enables switchable display of editor/workstation output. It has a remote SuperAnalogue Mic-Amps option.
Other features include:
* A six-channel monitor insert, plus support for three external six-channel sources;
* Integral LFE Filtering for Dolby and DTS encoding;
* UltiPan automated surround panning;
* Full, simultaneous fader access to all mix busses;
* Advanced photo-realistic Total Recall.