08.07.2008 12:00 AM
Pro-Bel to Mark IBC Debut of Morpheus ICE
Morpheus ICE, the new automation and master control platform from Pro-Bel, will be introduced to the European market at IBC2008 in September.
Introduced at the NAB Show, Morpheus ICE (Integrated Content Engine) is a standalone 3U platform based on Pro-Bel’s Morpheus automation technology, including the Pro-Bel Media Ball approach to secondary event management. ICE is fully compatible with existing file formats and is a complete system for single channel playout, and by linking ICE units together, a multichannel environment.
In addition to ICE, other new features for Morpheus include:
- An advance scheduling tool that now includes intelligent search-and-replace functionality;
- The ability for broadcasters of live events to schedule different commercial breaks for the same slot, using whichever is the most appropriate at the last minute;
- Tools to import subtitle and audio voiceover files;
- A new system architecture application that allows users to enter their system design and use it as the foundation for viewing routing from a system POV;
- An events management tool that allows multiple users to configure applications from raising alarms to performing actions based on the system status.
Two new upgrades to the Pro-Bel Cifer, including SD interfaces and timecode handling will also be showcased at the Pro-Bel booth. Other new products include a high-performance multistandard 3 Gbps (1080p) processing module and multirate (up to 3 Gbps) single-mode fiber transmitters and receivers.
In addition to its line of Pyxis, Cygnus and Sirius routers, Pro-Bel will also highlight its partnership with Miranda Technologies, integrating Miranda’s Kaleido-X multi-image display processor with Pro-Bel routers.
Pro-Bel will be in Stand 3.A61.