09.17.2008 10:40 AM
AmberFin Hit IBC Scene With New iCR 4.0
AmberFin launched iCR 4.0 at IBC2008. The new software includes enhanced compatibility and repurposing features.
AmberFin iCR 4.0 includes SD/HD ingest, optimized for open storage servers, with integrated review and quality control. Its repurposing module has been enhanced to enable it to reduce the equivalent quality file size by as much as 25 percent alongside cut-and-splice versioning tools. It also offers increased interoperability with Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid editing systems.
Other key features of iCR 4.0 include:
- A new "Pixel Adaptive" conversion technique;
- Automated distribution and load balancing of repurposing tasks on a network of iCR systems, resulting in shorter rendering times and optimal usage of computing resources;
- Enhanced job tracking, logging and error handling;
- Enhanced MXF cutting and splicing;
- Centralized Apple QuickTime and Final Cut Pro workgroup capabilities;
- Extended standard and high-definition P2 and XDCAM support.