9/12/2008 1:12 PM
Product Updates Support Latest Industry File Formats and Video Codecs
AJA Video Systems, a leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, has released new software versions for its popular Io HD, KONA, XENA and FS1 products, along with a set of new AJA Mac plug-ins for Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop.
“In an effort to meet the demands of our customers and rapidly evolving format standards of our industry, AJA is committed to delivering frequent product updates across our product lines,” commented Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video. “We like to stay ahead of the curve, working closely with third-party vendors such as Apple, Adobe and RED to deliver support for the latest versions of creative tools and digital file formats that are key components of our clients’ workflows.”
Io HD delivers HD editing to the MacBook Pro and Mac Pro via its unique FireWire 800 interface, and is the first device to natively support Apple’s ProRes 422 format in hardware. New features in the new Version 6 driver for the Io HD include:
• Additional format support for true progressive formats in 1080 along with intermediate formats (720p 23.98 and 525i 23.98)
• Added audio delay for input and output controls to offset audio for certain capture, conversion and monitoring scenarios
• New standalone mode allowing Io HD to be configured as an independent conversion device without a host computer attached
• LCD display allows users to choose between display of primary and secondary video formats or the primary video format and timecode
• Active video output filter manages the comprehensive list of video outputs that may be available to applications, particularly Final Cut Pro’s A/V devices tab
The FS1, AJA’s universal HD and SD, audio and video frame synchronizer and converter, can simultaneously support both HD and SD video—all in full 10-bit broadcast quality video and 24-bit audio. New features in the new Version 2.0 software for FS1 improves overall operation and adds the following new features:
• Support for Active Format Description (AFD) in the VANC portion of HD SDI video
• SNMP Trap support
• Audio mapping with channel level and phase control
• Support for DHCP, SD and HD closed caption presence indicator and LAN LED
• Naming of FS1s visible to FS1s on the network
• Locate and navigate to other FS1s via a web browser
• Reset one parameter or all parameters to factory defaults via web browser or front panel
AJA’s XENA, the company’s Windows-based line of video playback and capture cards, support a wide variety of workflows, from analog to combined HD/SD, Dual Link, and 2K. Now shipping, Version 3.5 driver for XENA includes:
• Support for DVCProHD with a library that enables users to capture, edit and play back DVCProHD compressed QuickTime files in XENA supported applications
• XENA software and plug-ins can now work with either XENA or KONA, allowing KONA cards to be used with Windows and Apple Boot Camp
• Assemble edit features have been added to Machina and to the AJA capture plug-in in Adobe Premiere Pro
KONA 3 is AJA’s top-of-the-line uncompressed video capture and playback card for SD, HD, Dual Link HD and 2K for Apple Mac Pro systems. AJA is now shipping Version 6 driver for KONA 3 featuring:
• Support for the RED camera, including RED-specific easy setups for Final Cut Pro and RED frame size specific video outputs.
• An active output filter to manage the comprehensive list of video outputs available to applications, particularly Final Cut Pro’s A/V Devices tab.
AJA Mac Plug-Ins for Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop, are also now available to complement the Version 6 KONA driver software for AJA KONA hardware and is free to all KONA users. AJA’s Mac Plug-ins for Adobe offer unparalleled integration and support for a vast range of video formats. This includes:
• Native QuickTime, DPX, CIN, TIFF and TGA file support within Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects and Photoshop
• Native real time 10-bit RGB editing in Premiere Pro CS3,
• Unique and powerful application interfaces within supported Adobe CS3 applications.
All of these new software upgrades are available free of charge to AJA product owners, and are available today on their website, www.aja.com.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion and Desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website www.aja.com.