7/30/2007 3:29 PM
Montreal, Canada - July 27, 2007 - Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that software release 3.0 for the Matrox RT.X2™ realtime editing platform is now available. The Matrox RT.X2 3.0 release provides support for Adobe® Creative Suite® 3 Production Premium and Adobe Premiere® Pro CS3 software as well as support for additional HD and SD cameras and editing resolutions including the Panasonic P2 MXF 720p format.
“The RT.X2 3.0 release brings extensive new camera support, giving users many more workflow options including realtime native editing of the popular Panasonic P2 MXF 720p format,” said Wayne Andrews, Matrox RT.X2 product manager. “Combined with all the exciting new features of Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium, Matrox RT.X2 users now have all the tools they need to ¬produce top-quality SD and HD productions - creatively, efficiently, and faster than ever - then easily deliver to tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, the web, and mobile devices.”
New features in the Matrox RT.X2 3.0 release include:
• Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium support
• Native editing of Panasonic P2 MXF 720p and SD files
• Panasonic VariCam 720p support
• New progressive SD editing resolutions
• Sony HDV 1080p support (HVR-V1 cameras)
• Canon 24f and 30f mode support
• Realtime color correction using RGB curves
• Realtime Adobe garbage masks
• Realtime sphere effect
• Realtime timecode filter
Key features of Matrox RT.X2
Ideal for corporate communicators, event videographers, project studios, educational facilities and digital filmmakers, Matrox RT.X2 extends the capabilities of the Adobe CS3 software with many important benefits.
• Realtime, mixed-format, multi-layer workflows that combine HD and SD material from analog and digital sources
• Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects -- color correction, speed changes, chroma/luma keying and many more
• Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects -- 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, shine and many more
• Extensive camera support including many new models from Canon, JVC, Panasonic, and Sony
• Native HDV 1080i, HDV 1080p, HDV 720p (JVC ProHD), Panasonic P2 MXF 720p, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame HD editing
• Native DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO, Panasonic P2 MXF SD, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame SD editing
• Realtime playback of 32-bit MPEG-2 I-frame AVI files with alpha in HD and SD
• Realtime mixed-format multi-cam
• Realtime high-quality hardware downscaling for SD output from an HD timeline
• Accelerated export to DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
• WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects, Bridge, and Photoshop, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, NewTek LightWave 3D, and Windows Media Player with dynamic Alt+Tab switching
• Composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component input and output
• Full-resolution HD monitoring on an inexpensive flat panel display via independent DVI output
Price and availability
Priced at $1495 US in North America (€1250, £830) plus applicable local taxes, the Matrox RT.X2 hardware is available from authorized dealers worldwide. The Matrox RT.X2 3.0 software release is available for download from the Matrox website free of charge to all registered Matrox RT.X2 users. Adobe® Creative Suite® 3 Production Premium or Adobe Premiere® Pro CS3 software is required in order to use the RT.X2 3.0 release.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, DVD authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox RT.X2 is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. Adobe, Adobe Premiere, and Creative Suite are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.