9/5/2007 5:30 PM
Matrox Announces Realtime 10-bit Uncompressed HD Support on Matrox Axio LE HD/SD Editing Platform
Montreal, Canada - August 27, 2007 - Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that software release 3.0 for the Matrox Axio editing platforms will add support for realtime 10-bit uncompressed HD editing to Axio LE. In addition, the Matrox Axio 3.0 release will support the Adobe® Creative Suite® 3 Production Premium and Adobe Premiere® Pro CS3 software, additional HD and SD cameras and editing resolutions, and new realtime effects. The new features of Matrox Axio will be demonstrated at IBC 2007 on stand 7.228.
“The Axio 3.0 release brings 10-bit support to the Axio LE platform as well as extensive new camera support, giving users many more workflow options,” said Chris Yigit, Matrox technical marketing manager. “Combined with all the exciting new features of Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium, Matrox Axio users now have all the tools they need to ¬produce top-quality HD productions - affordably, in real time, with complete flexibility - then easily deliver to tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, the web, and mobile devices.”
New features in the Matrox Axio 3.0 release include:
• Realtime 10-bit uncompressed HD editing support on Axio LE
• Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium support
• New progressive SD editing resolutions - email@example.com fps and 576p@25 fps
• Sony HDV 1080p support (HVR-V1 cameras)
• Canon 24f and 30f mode support
• Sony XDCAM HD firstname.lastname@example.org fps and XDCAM HD export support
• Realtime color correction using RGB curves
• Realtime Adobe garbage masks
• Realtime sphere effect
• Realtime time code filter
The Matrox Axio family of HD and SD platforms provides a complete post-production solution that lets users get the best from the Adobe CS3 Production Premium software. The Axio platforms are designed to provide the most comprehensive realtime feature set, the highest quality native codec technology, and complete file-based workflows - totally integrated with the Adobe software.
Key features of Matrox Axio
• Full-resolution, mixed-format, multi-layer realtime editing of HD and SD video, graphics, and effects
• Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects such as color correction, speed changes, and chroma/luma keying
• Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects such as 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, and shine
• Native MXF file support for Panasonic P2, Sony XDCAM, and Sony XDCAM HD in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
• Extensive native codec support in HD and SD - uncompressed, MPEG-2 I-frame, DVCPRO HD, MPEG HD, HDV 1080i, HDV1080p, HDV 720p (JVC ProHD), IMX, DVCPRO50, DV, DVCPRO, DVCAM
• Realtime playback of 32-bit compressed and uncompressed AVI with alpha
• 24 fps editing in HD and SD with pull down, reverse pull down, and Panasonic VariCam support
• Realtime high-quality downscaling from HD to SD
• Accelerated export to DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
• WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects, Bridge, and Photoshop, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, NewTek LightWave 3D, and Windows Media Player
• Matrox EZ-MXF utility for native MXF file support in Video for Windows (AVI) applications
• DV-1394, composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component, and HD/SD SDI, and professional audio input and output
Availability of the Matrox Axio 3.0 software
The Matrox Axio 3.0 release will be available for download from the Matrox website free of charge to all registered Matrox Axio users in late September 2007. It will support all three platforms in the Axio family - Axio LE, Axio HD, and Axio SD. Current Axio customers must obtain an upgrade to the new Adobe software from Adobe in order to use the Axio 3.0 release.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, DVD authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
Note: Print resolution artwork can be downloaded at www.matrox.com/video/press/artwork/home.cfm#axio
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox Axio is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. Adobe, Adobe Premiere, and Creative Suite are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.