Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
4/8/2008 2:55 PM
With show time just around the corner, my e-mail inbox receives a daily flood of messages from companies announcing the products that they will be showing off at NAB. Here is a sampling of the announcements I've receive in the last 24 hours:
- AJA Video Systems will be debuting four new professional video mini-converters at NAB 2008.
- EVS's new EVS Media Importer application is directly available from the Apple Final Cut Pro File/Import menu, and its XT-EditRec offers a simple, efficient VTR solution for linear editing.
- ARRI will introduce TRUE BLUE, a new generation of the company's lighting product range.
- WASP3D, a workflow-based 3-D broadcast graphics solution will showcase its HD-ready, real-time 3-D graphics system.
- NVISION announces a newly expanded Compact Router Series, a new NV5100MC Multi-Channel Master Control Switching System and a new NV8576 Large-Matrix Digital Multi-Format Router.
- Clear-Com Communication Systems is bringing control of its Eclipse Digital Matrix Intercom System to the users’ fingertips with the new, compact V-Series Desktop unit.
- Utah Scientific introduced two new additions to its master control switcher product family: the MC-4000 and the MC-40.
- Fast Forward Video will introduce eClips, a cost-effective and easy-to-use DVR for live broadcast production.
- DSC will be releasing new test patterns designed for Digital Cinema and Broadcast evaluation at NAB.
- Doremi Labs introduces Doremi Asset Manager software for Ethernet file transfer of popular video files formats to Doremi's V1 line of HD Video Servers.
- Fujinon's new HA23x7.6BE offers advanced optical technology for demanding HDTV.
- SysMedia announced that a new version of the company’s InFILE software inserter now provides the capability to embed Line 21 closed caption data into SD or HD MPEG-2 media files.