9/5/2007 5:36 PM
Matrox Announces Interoperability between Matrox Axio Realtime Editing Platforms and Omneon Spectrum and MediaGrid Active Storage Systems
Montreal, Canada - September 4, 2007 - Matrox® Video Products Group today announced interoperability between Matrox Axio® realtime editing platforms and Omneon Spectrum® and MediaGrid® active storage systems. Matrox completes a PC-based workflow for customers seeking end-to-end solutions using MXF file formats with Omneon MediaDeck and Spectrum media servers, and MediaGrid active storage systems. Using Matrox Axio and Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS3, it is possible to edit files natively from Omneon Spectrum or MediaGrid servers. After editing, the resulting MXF OP1a (IBP and I-frame) and XDCAM HD/SD files can be exported directly back to the Omneon MediaDeck or Spectrum media servers for playout. The ability of Matrox Axio to natively edit and Omneon media servers to ingest, store and playout identical MXF file formats allows for a transparent and seamless best-of breed production workflow. Besides working in transfer mode between the Omneon media servers and Axio-enabled edit systems, the companies have also tested and certified an edit-in-place model whereby multiple Axio editors can simultaneously edit with multiple streams of material residing on the Omneon MediaGrid active storage system. Both of these workflows provide huge productivity advantages over other methods involving conversion or transcoding before and after editing.
Four Matrox Axio LE systems, in conjunction with Adobe CS3 Production Premium, will be used as part of an interoperability demonstration on the Omneon stand 8.260 at IBC 2007. The Matrox Axio platforms will also be showcased on the Matrox stand 7.228.
“The trend in post and broadcast facilities is to have a mix of content creation systems from various manufacturers so that on each project, editors can choose the best application for the job. On the PC side, that choice is often Matrox Axio and the Adobe suite of digital media applications,” said Alberto Cieri, Matrox senior sales and marketing director. “Tight integration with the Omneon systems offers users an efficient, affordable realtime solution that takes advantage of the speed, capacity, and reliability of the Omneon active storage systems.”
“We are excited that our customers can now leverage the MXF format in an end-to-end workflow along with a PC-based production platform. The Matrox Axio native support for the standard MXF format and integration with Omneon active storage platforms will bring new workflow efficiencies to both broadcast and new media production environments,” said Jason Danielson, senior director of solutions for Omneon.
About Matrox Axio
The Matrox Axio family of HD and SD platforms provides a complete post-production solution that lets users get the best from the Adobe CS3 Production Premium software. The Axio platforms are designed to provide the most comprehensive realtime feature set, the highest quality native codec technology, and complete file-based workflows - totally integrated with the Adobe software.
Key features of Matrox Axio
• Full-resolution, mixed-format, multi-layer realtime editing of HD and SD video, graphics, and effects
• Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects such as color correction, speed changes, and chroma/luma keying
• Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects such as 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, and shine
• Native MXF file support for Panasonic P2, Sony XDCAM, and Sony XDCAM HD in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
• Extensive native codec support in HD and SD - uncompressed, MPEG-2 I-frame, DVCPRO HD, MPEG HD, HDV 1080i, HDV1080p, HDV 720p (JVC ProHD), IMX, DVCPRO50, DV, DVCPRO, DVCAM
• Realtime playback of 32-bit compressed and uncompressed AVI with alpha
• 24 fps editing in HD and SD with pull down, reverse pull down, and Panasonic VariCam support
• Realtime high-quality downscaling from HD to SD
• Accelerated export to DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
• WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects, Bridge, and Photoshop, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, NewTek LightWave 3D, and Windows Media Player
• Matrox EZ-MXF utility for native MXF file support in Video for Windows (AVI) applications
• DV-1394, composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component, and HD/SD SDI, and professional audio input and output
Price and availability of Matrox Axio LE
Priced at $3,995 US in North America (£2,195, €3,349), Matrox Axio LE is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Support for interoperability with the Omneon servers is being beta tested and will be available free of charge to Axio users in Fall 2007.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, DVD authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
Note: Print resolution artwork can be downloaded at www.matrox.com/video/press/artwork/home.cfm#axio
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox Axio is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. Adobe, Adobe Premiere, and Creative Suite are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.