7/13/2009 3:00 PM
IBC2009 Exhibition Preview
Media Relations for Harmonic
PR Agency Contact for Harmonic
Wall Street Communications
Harmonic at IBC2009
Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT), a leading provider of video delivery solutions for broadcast, cable, Internet, satellite, and telco operators around the world, will introduce new products and feature its award-winning and market-leading range of solutions at IBC2009, in stand 1.C61, Sept. 11-15 in Amsterdam.
Featured Solutions from Harmonic at IBC Include:
• A comprehensive and converged multi-screen video delivery platform, encompassing real-time and on-demand video to the TV, PC, or mobile devices:
1. Real-time technologies such as encoding, transcoding, IRDs, stream processing, and multiplexing
2. Non-real-time technologies including offline capture, content preparation, metadata processing, file-based re-purposing, storage, and playout
• Latest-generation, ultra-efficient HD and SD compression and statistical multiplexing, based on the new, groundbreaking DiviCom Electra® 8000 HD/SD/AVC/MPEG-2 platform
• Contribution and distribution solutions including low-latency DSNG with Ellipse™ encoders and ProView™ integrated receiver decoders (IRDs)
• Solutions such as time-shifted TV, ad insertion, and digital mosaics that help operators create revenue potential and reduce expenses with superior efficiency
• Innovative and market leading cable solutions including the Narrowcast Services Gateway™ (NSG) 9000 universal edgeQAM, fiber-deep HFC and RFOG
• At IBC, in booth 7.J11, Harmonic's Rhozet business unit will demonstrate new feature enhancements to its market-leading Carbon Coder transcoding solutions.
Harmonic's Featured Products at IBC2009 Include:
DiviCom Electra® 8000 Universal SD/HD Encoder
The DiviCom Electra 8000 is the industry's first encoding and transcoding platform to support MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) and MPEG-2 codecs in standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) formats, up to full frame-rate 1080p 50/60. Providing superior video quality in a dense and power-efficient form factor — four channels per rack unit (RU) and using 40 percent less power than the industry average for HD AVC encoding — the Electra 8000 is the ideal choice for virtually any service provider. Cable MSOs can deliver up to four HD MPEG-2 services in one QAM, satellite operators can increase channel count per transponder, telco IPTV service providers can improve reach with constant bit-rate HD video at 5 Mbps or less, and broadcasters can implement cost-effective and integrated HD/SD statistical multiplexing and Program and System Information Protocol (PSIP) re-multiplexing.
ProView™ 7000 Integrated Receiver Stream Processing Platform
Based on industry-leading Scopus IRD technology, the ProView 7000 is the world's first solution to combine a scalable video receiver, DVB descrambler, multi-format decoder, and MPEG stream processor in a single rack unit. The versatile ProView 7000 paves the way for content providers, broadcasters, cable/telco, and terrestrial operators to deploy today's most advanced and cost-effective IP-based contribution and distribution applications. By integrating ASI aggregation, powerful multiplexing, and the ability to decode all formats and standards, the ProView 7000 provides the ideal solution for customers looking to future-proof their operations and cut capital and operating costs.
Ellipse™ Contribution Encoders
Based on the market-leading Scopus contribution platform and enhanced by Harmonic's video quality expertise, the Ellipse family of encoders expands Harmonic's ability to serve the fixed and digital satellite newsgathering (DSNG) contribution segment. Packing AVC and MPEG-2 compression technology in a compact, low-power footprint with simultaneous IP/ASI outputs and advanced multiplexing, the Ellipse encoders increase channel reliability while significantly reducing CAPEX and OPEX. Two models of the Ellipse line will be demonstrated at IBC2009: the Ellipse 1000 for fixed-line contribution, and the Ellipse 2000 with DVB-S2 for DSNG. The Ellipse 1000 encoder features dual GbE IP, DVB-ASI, as well as optional DVB-PDH or G.703 outputs to enable video contribution over wired communication links, such as a connection between a network's headquarters operation and a remote news bureau or sports/entertainment venue. The Ellipse 2000 facilitates mobile operations for live news or event coverage by providing state-of-the-art low-latency (