1/22/2009 3:13 AM
The near-fanatical loyalty of SADiE users is testament to the success of the company, whose products provide all the tools needed for serious radio programme production, high track count location recording, mastering and post production studios as well as large-scale multitrack applications.
Indeed many of these customers are so loyal that they are happily working with much earlier versions of SADiE hardware because they are still achieving perfectly acceptable results.
However, times have moved on – as has SADiE hardware. The latest Version 5 is much more powerful than any of its predecessors, bringing significant advantages in terms of ease of use, new features and flexibility.
Prism Sound, SADiE’s parent company, is keen to encourage existing users to upgrade so that they benefit from the wealth of features that are only available with the latest version. To this end the company is offering a 25% discount off the list price of SADiE5 to any SADiE3 or SADiE4 user who wants to make the switch.
So what are the advantages? For those who still need convincing, here is a quick breakdown:
• Disk drives. SADiE5 can use any disk drive that Windows can use, which means that work can be played directly from or recorded to modern storage devices – IDE, SATA, Firewire, USB, even including flash memory devices. These are all cheaper, higher performance, provide much larger storage and are more future proofed than legacy SCSI drives which are now almost impossible to replace.
• Networking. SADIE5 can record or import & export directly to network drives. All modern PCs have network interfaces and plug and play networking, which are powerful enough for all but the highest track count situations. Remote drives can be used for recording, backup or just as a means to move projects to the internet.
Simple networking solutions make it much easier to share projects between users and open projects from any station in a multi-SADIE installation.
• Third Party plug-in support: SADiE5 can run DirectX and VST plug-ins in the SADiE mixer.
• Importing and exporting of MP3 files.
• Improved Series5 hardware performance means that bounces to either WAV file or CD-R can run at up to 10X faster than a SADIE4 platform.
• Larger track counts are supported on PCM-H64 and LRX2 platforms for recording, mixing or playing back. Simplified MTR interface for location recording.
• Mirror Recording to produce an immediate backup copy of location audio files.
• Editing improvements: Editing of grouped clips; Level change of group clips and multiple clips; Stream Grouping for edit or record enabling; High resolution metering in the EDL; Colouring of EDL streams and mixer strips; Normalise function; Speech Edit; 3 & 4 point Source/Destination Edit mode and hundreds of other small interface improvements.
SADiE5 also offers various Interchange options and supports AAF, OMF, AES31, BWF and iXML. Other features include File based Autoconform and Re-conform; CD writing to any internal CD writer; a CD Text option; a CD-SRC option for burning CD-R and DDP directly from high sample rate audio material; a CD-Ripper interface to simplify importing from audio CDs; AVI and Quicktime video playback; a 9-pin slave option and control by HUI and consoles.
Users wishing to upgrade should also be aware that switching to SADiE5 does not require any re-training because the new version retains all of the essential interface functions of earlier SADiE versions – it just does everything so much better!
For more information about switching to SADiE5, please contact SADiE’s sales support team at Tel: +44 (0) 1353 648888. Email: email@example.com