8/12/2010 6:08 PM
San Diego, California -- DVEO, the broadcast division of San Diego based Computer Modules, Inc. (CMI), has announced the launch of the IP version of their popular TS-TimeShifter™ broadcast time delay system for local delay of programming sent out across multiple time zones. DVEO will introduce the new system at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, September 10-14, at Stand 2.A48. Deliveries will start in October 2010.
Designed for broadcasters and content providers, the TS-TimeShifter/IP is a file server with knowledge of real time. It captures MPEG-2 or H.264 IP transport streams and plays them back after a delay that is finely adjustable from seconds to weeks.
"The TS-TimeShifter/IP provides an economical way for broadcasters to compensate for time zone differences," noted Laszlo Zoltan, Sales Manager for DVEO. "This creates a huge cost savings to network operators who need to distribute their contents across continents where multiple time zones exist. Another important new feature is automatic adjustment for Daylight Saving Time."
The TS-TimeShifter/IP is designed to faithfully reproduce the incoming signal. Whether the signal happens to be standard definition or high definition, the delayed stream will be 100% identical to the incoming stream. The TS-TimeShifter/IP is designed for 24/7 operation and is configured around a SuperMicro or similar enterprise class rack mounted server.
Ordering options include a dual power supply, a spare fully-tested hard drive, and a GPS Clock and/or SMPTE time code card or NTP for super-accurate time. The system comes standard with a RAID hard drive array.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
- Broadcast Reliability for 24x7 operation
- IP version of Prize-Winning product at NAB 2003
- Simultaneous capture and time-delayed playback of MPEG-2 or H.264 transport streams
- Input: UDP-IP or RTP-IP
- Output: UDP-IP
- Based on highly reliable server technology with RAID 0 hard drive array
- Enterprise class hardware
- SPTS or MPTS
- Supports unicast or multicast
- Super accurate time via optional GPS Clock or SMPTE time code card or NTP
- Programmable time delay of playback (increments of seconds/ minutes/ hours)
- Daylight Saving Time adjustment
- Stop/Resume function available for real time upgrade/maintenance
- High speed drive option available for capture and playback rate up to 500 Mbps
- 188/204 byte packets
- Intuitive GUI
- Detailed logs for events
- Easily interfaced to DVEO's HD decoder, Virenza/S, to provide HD-SDI output
Suggested Retail Prices:
TS-TimeShifter IP on SuperMicro -- $8,995 U.S.
External RAID option -- $5,500 U.S.
DVEO, Virenza/S, and TS-TimeShifter are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
About CMI and DVEO
CMI, founded in 1982, is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California. DVEO, the Broadcast Division of Computer Modules, Inc., sells digital video and high definition television (HDTV) products to the top television broadcast companies throughout the world.
For more information on CMI and DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To download DVEO's press releases and product images, visit the news section at http://www.dveo.com/.
DVEO, 11409 West Bernardo Ct. San Diego, CA, 92127
Web: www.dveo.com phone: +1 (858) 613-1818, fax: +1 (858) 613-1815