8/28/2009 6:39 PM
MediaPrism(TM) Represents the Industry's Most Comprehensive and Innovative Portfolio of Solutions for Converged Anytime, Anywhere Video Delivery
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Aug. 27, 2009 -- At IBC 2009, stand 1.C61, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase its comprehensive solution portfolio for video delivery to a variety of devices, including the TV, PC, iPhone, and other mobile devices. Harmonic will introduce enhancements to its ProStream(TM) stream processing platform, Carbon Server(TM) transcoding software, and MediaPrism(TM) software suite for multi-screen video delivery. Key demonstrations will also include Harmonic's market-leading systems for broadcast contribution/distribution, encoding, and stream processing, as well as cable IPTV, universal edgeQAM and HFC access solutions. Taking place in Amsterdam from September 11-15, IBC is the leading television industry exhibition in Europe.
Deployed in mobile video service trials with multiple operators, Harmonic's MediaPrism suite encompasses a much wider range of functionality than other multi-screen solutions for the management and delivery of video to PCs and mobile smartphones. At IBC, Harmonic will debut the MediaPrism Workflow Manager, which controls content as it is ingested, transformed, cached and streamed out to a variety of receiving devices. Operators using Harmonic's MediaPrism suite can take advantage of Harmonic's best-in-class solutions for real-time transcoding and stream processing, as well as non-real-time technologies including offline capture, content preparation, metadata processing, file-based re-purposing, storage, and playout.
"Harmonic continues to set the pace in video delivery solutions and we are making it possible for operators to deliver a revolutionary anytime, anywhere video experience," said Tom Lattie, director of broadcast and new media solutions at Harmonic Inc. "We are focused on offering our customers high performance solutions that can be deployed without adding significant cost or complexity and leverage the existing video network architecture, and we will be demonstrating this exciting range of products and solutions at this year's IBC show."
Featured demonstrations at Harmonic's stand 1.C61 will include:
• The comprehensive MediaPrism suite of solutions for converged multi-screen video delivery
• Latest-generation, ultra-efficient HD and SD compression, and statistical multiplexing, based on the ground-breaking DiviCom Electra® 8000 HD/SD MPEG-4 AVC/MPEG-2 platform
• Contribution and distribution solutions including low-latency newsgathering with Ellipse(TM) encoders and ProView(TM) integrated receiver decoders
• Solutions such as time-shifted TV, ad insertion, and digital mosaics that help operators cost-effectively create service differentiation and increase revenue potential
• Innovative and market leading cable solutions including the NSG(TM) 9000 universal edgeQAM, Direct-2-Edge(TM) cable IPTV, fiber-deep HFC, and RFOG
At stand 7.J11, Harmonic's Rhozet(TM) business unit will debut its new innovative quality control module Carbon QC and demonstrate new feature enhancements to its market-leading Carbon Server and Carbon Coder(TM) transcoding solutions.
In addition to the demonstrations at IBC 2009, industry experts from Harmonic have been selected to speak at various technical conferences:
• Yan Mostovoy, marketing director of broadcast solutions, will share his expertise at the IBC Conference with a presentation titled "Digital Transmission: Experiences and Developments" on Saturday, September 12 at 9:00am.
• Ian Trow, director of broadcast solutions, will present a paper called "Making HDTV a Reality in Production & Delivery" at the IBC Conference, on September 12 at 1:00pm.
• Ovadia Cohen, director of business development, will participate in a panel session called "Adapting Your Business to the Global Video Content Cloud" as part of the World Teleport Association (WTA) activity hosted by SES ASTRA, at stand 1.B51, 4:00pm on September 12.
• Sunday, September 13 at 1:30pm, Patrick Waddell, manager, standards & regulatory, will participate as a panelist at the IBC Conference IEEE BTS session called "Audio Technology: Coding and Concatenation, Loudness and Lip Sync."
• Thierry Fautier, director of telco solutions, will highlight Harmonic's vision for "Mobile Video Delivery 2.0" at the Business Briefing Conference at 3:30pm on September 13.
• September 14, David Price, vice president of business development and marketing communications, will co-moderate two panels titled "The Future of Digital Television" for the MPEG Industry Forum Master Class at 1:30pm and 3:15pm.
# # #
About Harmonic Inc.
Harmonic Inc. is redefining video delivery with the industry's most powerful solutions for provisioning live and on-demand video to TVs, PCs and mobile devices. Harmonic's 20 years of technical innovation and market leadership enable the company to offer a unique and comprehensive solution portfolio--including encoding, transcoding, content preparation, stream processing, asset management, edge processing, and delivery. Broadcast, cable, Internet, mobile, satellite and telecom service providers around the world choose Harmonic's IP-based digital video, software, and broadband edge and access solutions. Using these award-winning and industry-leading solutions, operators can reduce costs and differentiate their services by offering consumers a higher quality, personalized multi-screen experience.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with R&D, sales and system integration centers worldwide. The company's customers, including many of the world's largest communications providers, deliver services in virtually every country. Visit www.harmonicinc.com for more information.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27(A) of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21(E) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements related to: showcasing its comprehensive solution portfolio for video delivery to a variety of devices, introducing enhancements to its ProStream(TM) stream processing platform, Carbon Server(TM) transcoding software and MediaPrism(TM) software suite, the debut of the MediaPrism Workflow Manager, making it possible for operators to deliver a revolutionary anytime anywhere video experience, and demonstrating an exciting range of products and solutions at this year's IBC show.
Our expectations and beliefs regarding these matters and the anticipated benefits of the products and solutions to be featured at IBC 2009 may not materialize, and actual results could differ materially from those projected. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to other risks and uncertainties, including those more fully described in Harmonic's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent Reports filed on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q. Harmonic does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements.
EDITOR'S NOTE – Product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.