08.05.2009 03:25 PM
IBC to Host MPEG Industry Forum Master Class
The MPEG Industry Forum, the world’s largest advocacy group for MPEG technologies, will present the MPEGIF Master Class, a full-day session bringing together industry experts representing the most influential players in next generation video entertainment, multimedia and standards-based video delivery.
This latest edition of the MPEGIF Master Class, produced in cooperation with the University of St Petersburg (Russia), brings together senior executives and experts in digital television with a track record of pioneering new advanced technology, innovative service offerings with new business models. They will share their experiences, both good and bad, and expertise with a focus on technological progress and challenges, regulatory and commercial issues, and opportunities in the overall DTV ecosystem. Highlights will include insights into the following:
- • How digital media standards will evolve to guarantee best-of-breed solutions
- • The success factors for hybrid services bringing broadcast and unicast content together in a common platform
- • How the multi-screen service will evolve as content is re-purposed and transformed for viewing on a wide variety of end user devices
- • How the increase in unicast personalized video leads to a myriad of business opportunities
- • Aspects of next generation digital broadcast from mobile to online video to HD and above as well as the challenges seen around the world regarding the transition to digital TV.
For a complete program agenda and speaker bios, visit MPEGIF Master Class at IBC
Speakers will include:
- • Jeff McSchooler, VP of engineering, EchoStar Corp.
- • Kevin Baughan, director of technical strategy, Virgin Media
- • Dieter Engel, senior vice president, Product Development Media Services
- • Casey Harwood, senior vice president, Turner Europe, Turner Broadcasting
- • Bob Luff, executive vice president and chief engineering officer, Nielsen
- • Stuart Collingwood, vice president, EMEA, Sling Media
The class will be chaired by Sebastian Moeritz, president MPEGIF/CEO dicas and David Price, vice president of MPEGIF/vice president for Harmonic.