Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Sigma Designs features DOCSIS 3.0 multichannel, Tru2way STB
Sigma Designs last week demonstrated its DOCSIS 3.0 multichannel and Tru2way set-top box at the NCTA Cable Show 2008.
The company is leveraging its experience in the telco IPTV set-top box arena to support IP-cable STBs and HDTV manufacturers. Sigma Designs showed the DOCSIS 3.0 (1.X and 2.0)-based STB powered by its SMP8634 Secure Media Processors, supporting:
- fast upstream and downstream communication;
- high-speed cable modem for Internet connectivity;
- Web browsing;
- Tru2way middleware for downloadable EPG and interactive Java applications;
- decoding of multiple video streams for simultaneous viewing and recording;
- multistandard decoding (MPEG-2, H.264, VC-1);
- unlimited cable TV channel lineup on IPTV-like switched digital video and VOD cable plant; and
- support for IPv6 128 bits addresses.
For more information, visit