Harmonic to demo variety of solutions at IPTV World Forum
March 11, 2008
At the IPTV World Forum in London this week, Harmonic will make several technology demonstrations, ranging from MPEG-4 AVC encoding for SD to HD upconversions to solutions for video-on-demand services.
Specifically, the company will show:
For more information, visit:
- High-definition MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) video using Harmonic's DiviCom Electra 7000 encoder for SD-to-HD upconversion and dual bit-rate compression for constrained networks.
- A hybrid headend with standard-definition H.264 video encoded by the Electra 5400 and the new Ion AVC systems for long-tail content delivery.
- Video-on-demand (VOD) featuring the MediaPrism suite of content preparation tools, time-shifted "catch up TV" and targeted ad insertion applications.
- H.264 multichannel mosaic compilations delivered using the ProStream 8000 solution.
- Harmonic's integrated advertisement insertion solution, including the ProStream 2000 splicer, StreamLiner 2000 ad server, and MediaPrism for ad ingest and overlay.