07.08.2008 11:25 AM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Agilent Technologies unveils Mediaroom IPTV support for J6900A analyzer
Agilent Technologies has introduced test and measurement service assurance solutions to monitor and analyze Microsoft’s Mediaroom Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and multimedia software platform.
Designed as a component of the Agilent J6900A triple-play analyzer platform, the solution enables service providers and network equipment manufacturers to accelerate deployments of Microsoft Mediaroom-based IPTV services.
The analyzer provides specific measurement and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Microsoft Mediaroom, including:
- analysis of instant channel changing bursts and the respective timing parameters;
- ladder diagrams of the command and control traffic between Microsoft Mediaroom servers and clients;
- analysis of A/V packet rates with correlation to transport events;
- real-time playback of Microsoft Mediaroom video with audio and PIP streams; and
- comprehensive error reporting and thresholds for network- and transport-stream events violating the Microsoft Mediaroom specifications.
For more information, visit www.agilent.com/find/tpa.