11.11.2008 08:58 AM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Verizon, NFL Network launch expanded online game experience
Verizon and NFL Network Nov. 6 kicked off NFL Network Game Extra, giving those subscribing to both the Verizon broadband and Verizon television services a way to customize their game viewing experience.
The new package, which became available for the Denver Broncos vs. Cleveland Browns game on the same day, will offer the extended viewing options for seven additional games this season.
NFL Network Game Extra lets subscribers select live views from four specific camera angles, chat with other subscribers about ongoing games and access other unique online features, including game statistics, drive chart simulations, on-demand video and live audio feeds.
The package is available to customers who subscribe to Verizon's FiOS Internet or high-speed Internet service, with either FiOS TV or DIRECTV through Verizon.
The remaining games with NFL Network Game Extra coverage include:
- New York Jets @ New England Patriots - Nov. 13
- Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers - Nov. 20
- Arizona Cardinals @ Philadelphia Eagles - Nov. 27
- Oakland Raiders @ San Diego Chargers - Dec. 4
- New Orleans Saints @ Chicago Bears - Dec. 8
- Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars - Dec. 18
- Baltimore Ravens @ Dallas Cowboys - Dec. 20
To see a video previewing some of the features, visit: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c3ead2.