05.19.2009 03:15 PM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Aspera introduces fasp 2.5 upgrade
At the NAB Show, Aspera unveiled the fasp 2.5 upgrade for the complete suite of Aspera software products, including Aspera Client, Point-to-point, Enterprise Server, Content Server and Content Web browser plug-in, faspex Server, Console and open architecture software development kit.
Aspera fasp transport technology is an emerging standard for the high-speed movement of large files over wide area networks (WANs) being used by Hollywood studios, broadcasters, sports leagues, government and corporations.
The fasp 2.5 software release enhancements include:
- suite of desktop and browser-based transfer applications;
- enhanced transfer automation and advanced scheduling capabilities;
- enterprise-scale transfer policy management;
- end-to-end tracking and reporting;
- enterprise-scale collaborative file transfer support.